Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

I just wanted to share this with everyone here. There has been a potential listeria contamination issue with deli style roast been-private brand for a restaurant chain here in Canada. The restaurant chain is totally at the mercy of the manufacturer, but this is what pops up on the website.  It's nice to see a company being this forthcoming to all it's consumers.

I think the restaurant chain deserves a nod (nothing on the manufacturers website BTW)

Erie Meats recalls Roast Beef

Please be advised that The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has recalled the roast beef supplied by our meat provider due to a possible Listeria contamination. Effective immediately we have discontinued serving roast beef sandwiches until further notice. We have provided our delis with enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures in the face of the current health and safety issues. If you recently ate a roast beef sandwich from one of our delis please be aware of symptoms of Listeria and if feeling ill, call your doctor.

Click Here to Learn More

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 3 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:29 AM

Hi Scampi,

My concern would be how much more potentially contaminated meat has been produced by the manufacturer?
Clearly much more investigation is required and is probably ongoing.

Kind regards,

Tony

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

This was private label so at least it wasn't a mass market product and would have all been contained at the manufacturer of the meat and the warehouse for the restaurant.

HOWEVER this particular manufacturer did have 3 recalls last week (horrible)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users