Practical Internal Auditor Training for Food Operations
Get your internal audit team on the same page with this live instructor led online training course. Join us and we'll provide your team with the necessary tools to implement and maintain an effective internal audit system that meets the requirements of GFSI standards.
Date: Friday, May 27, 2016
Duration: 4 hours
UK Time: 1.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
US Eastern Time: 8.00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Cost of Attendance: $97.00 USD
Instructor: Tony Connor, Chief Technical Advisor, IFSQN
Training course overview:
This webinar will enable participants to develop practical knowledge of the principles of internal auditing enabling them to participate as part of your internal audit team. The webinar provides instruction on how to implement an Internal Audit system and how to prepare, conduct and report on an internal audit. The course is suitable for all personnel working in food manufacturing, food handling, food storage or food distribution operations.
The course is delivered in 8 sections:
1. Introduction to Internal Auditing
2. Auditing Documentation
3. Audit Scheduling and Risk Assessment
4. Internal Audit Procedure including preparation, reporting and practical audit examples
5. Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems based on ISO 19011
6. GFSI and GFSI Benchmarked Standards Internal Audit Requirements
7. Internal Audit Exercise
8. Online test consisting of 30 multiple choice questions covering the topics taught in the course.
Attendees will receive:
▪ Copy of the training material (PDF)
▪ Personalized IFSQN Training Academy Certificate
▪ 30 day access to the webinar recording
List of topics covered:
• Introduction to Internal Auditing
• Auditing Document Control
• Auditing Record Control
• The Role of the Internal Auditor
• Setting up an Internal Audit Programme
• Audit Risk Assessment
• Internal Auditor Attributes
• How to create an Audit Checklist
• Categorizing Non-conformities
• Audit Preparation
• Typical Internal Audit Procedure
• Internal Audit Reporting
• Sample Internal Audit Reports
• Sample Non-conformance Reports
• Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems based on ISO 19011
• Purpose of Internal Audits
• GFSI and GFSI Benchmarked Standards Internal Audit Requirements
• Internal Audit Examples
• Good Manufacturing Practice Audit Example
• Sample Audit Plans
• Sample Internal Audit Risk Assessments
• Internal Auditor Tips
• Internal Auditor Do’s and Don’ts
• Sample Audit Checklists
• Practical Exercises – Internal Audit Scenarios
Tony Connor, Chief Technical Advisor, IFSQN
Tony received an honors degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry from Durham University before embarking on a successful 20 year career in the UK food industry in a variety of roles including Laboratory Manager, Production Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Technical Manager, Technical Development Manager and Group Technical Manager. Since 2009 Tony has been Chief Technical Advisor to the International Food Safety & Quality Network.
How do I register?
Visit the product page in our online store and purchase the number of seats you require. Once we have received payment we will send you the registration details. Click here to purchase >>
Have a question?
If you would like further information feel free to send us an email