IFSQN Interviewed for New HACCP Chat Series
Simon Timperley, founder of the International Food Safety & Quality Network was recently interviewed by Amanda Evans (HACCP Mentor) for their new HACCP Chat series.
HACCP Chat is a program of educational information and interviews delivered in audio format by HACCP Mentor.
This episode discussed the benefits of belonging to a food safety professional group, and included:
- The origins of the IFSQN
- How to get answers to your food safety questions
- Etiquette for food safety professional groups
- Putting the fun in food safety
- The value of soft skills for food safety professionals
- How to get people to do the right thing
- Getting started with group support
Links and resources mentioned in the discussion:
Top three takeaways
- Get involved. Go and register or join a food safety professional group or network. Even if you lurk for a while, you can definitely learn something.
- Be professional. Follow the community rules that have been set up. It is not a place to be placing SPAM or having a go at other members.
- Answer questions. If you have extensive knowledge or experience in a particular area, take the opportunity to share the love by giving back to the community.
Share your favourite professional groups by leaving a comment below. You can also let us know what you like most about being involved.